Accountancy Mentor – Derby / Nottingham – Hybrid
Are you currently working within an Accountancy or Finance role?
Do you want more job satisfaction?
Would you like to take on a role that allows you to change people’s lives for the better?
V Selective have an exciting opportunity for an AAT qualified Accountancy or Finance professional to move into an Accountancy Mentor role, supporting Accountancy Apprentices!
You will be working for an East Midlands bases Apprenticeship Training Provider, who offer life-changing career opportunities to people through quality apprenticeships.
As an Accountancy Mentor, you’ll be encouraging, motivating and supporting learners, guiding them through their AAT Apprenticeship, passing on knowledge in a way that they understand. Learners will be from all ages and backgrounds, with a large proportion being within the 16-24 age group.
Applicants need to be AAT qualified and possess strong industry knowledge – this is more important than having previous training / mentoring experience. For Industry qualified AAT Professionals who want to move into the Training / Further Education sector, any necessary teaching and coaching qualifications will be added to their CPD.
We are looking for a positively minded, thorough individual with a passion and talent for Finance.
You’ll be a natural mentor and relationship builder, always looking at ways to enhance people professionally using your own knowledge of the sector.
- Minimum of AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an accounting environment, industry or practice.
- Understanding of current accounting procedures and regulations, manual and computerised processes
- The ability to communicate well with people at all ages and learning levels.
- A natural empathy with people and a genuine desire to help people achieve.
- Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies or stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Results driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners to succeed.
- Strong IT capability with good knowledge of MS Office apps.
- Ability to create and implement high quality, engaging learning resources.
- Mentor or Training experience. (Desirable)
- Full drivers’ licence and access to own vehicle. (Desirable)
- Training, Teaching or assessing qualification. (Desirable)
- CIMA or ACCA (Desirable)
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Maintaining professional working relationship with employers
- Mentoring and supporting learners towards the successful completion of their qualification.
- Managing your diary efficiently and being organised with your time.
- Mentoring learners by offering support, advice and motivating them in the qualification.
- Maintaining current professional knowledge within the Accountancy field and undertaking CPD activities as required
- Continually supporting, advising and motivating learners to succeed.
- Working to ensure learner outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
- Marinating all learner documentation to meet quality standards and funding compliance.
- Overcoming barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Using an e-portfolio system to record learner’s progress.
- Ensuring all learners are given constructive feedback on growing their knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Providing coaching and mentoring support and advice throughout the learning journey and beyond.
Can be a work from home or office role once fully capable, but includes visits to employers, and need to have AAT Level 4 as a minimum
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Ideally a full-time role, but part-time considered.