Our client is an International FMCG Manufacturing Company … The currently have a vacancy for a No. 2 Printer to join their Printing Team …
Working as a key member of the printing team, the No. 2 Printer will be responsible for supporting the No1 Printer to run, make ready and maintain the quality of the Print machine to achieve optimum output to a high quality standard in accordance with the customer’s specification and requirements.
– Achieve target run speeds in order to obtain optimum performance
– Accomplish target make ready times through efficient use of people and machine capability
– Minimise any downtime on the machine
– Carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner whilst conforming to H&S procedures.
– Undertake Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) training.
– Accountability for all output on machine with target of zero defects.
– To follow plan in PECAS at all times and follow all information and instruction contained in the work order as it relates to print.
– Abide by company procedures on quality checks and ensure all quality records and documentation are completed and up to date.
– Input waste information into PECAS following company procedures.
– Assist the number 1 printers on two or more presses in the occurrence of holidays and absence
– Stand in for Number 1 Printers when appropriate and run a print machine in a safe manner whilst ensuring optimum output of an acceptable quality standard.
– Flexible enough to assist the number 1 printers and cut crease operators on two or more presses/machines in the occurrence of absence
– Perform a timely and thorough handover with the oncoming shift to include, safety, plan, machine condition and quality
– Required NVQ in Printing or equivalent
– Demonstrate printing knowledge
– Experience in a manufacturing environment
– Ability to work in a team
– Strong organization skills