Technical Sales Engineer (Aerospace / Gas Turbine Markets) - Derby
Job ID : 737
Job Title:Technical Sales Engineer (Aerospace / Gas Turbine Markets)
Based: Derby, East Midlands
Salary Bracket: From £32,000 to £38,000 + 10% annual bonus
V Selective are currently working a long standing client who are a world leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries.
This organisation currently have a brand new exciting opening for a Technical Sales Engineer. The objective of the role are to:
- Protect and grow a valued, loyal client base.
- Work to develop and test our products and systems to build the basis of a service and support function.
- Work to ensure we capture and create technical papers for presentation at industry conferences.
The company have a global client base, therefore travel is essential to the role and the Technical Sales Engineer needs to be willing to travel overseas, sometimes at short notice.
This is a client facing role so suited to a well presented individual with superb personal interaction skills. The Technical Sales Engineer needs to be confident, technically credible and approachable.
This is a varied role that would suit an individual who is a quick learner, highly organised, technically minded with a commercial flair to spot opportunities and drive sales.
The Technical Sales Engineer will ideally be degree level educated in an Engineering discipline (preferably Electronics Engineering), have a background in Aerospace, aero engine, gas turbine markets, experience in a commercial / client facing role and experience in preparing and delivering client presentations and technical product support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and be able to communicate clearly the strategy behind each of our products.
- Creation and delivery of technical sales presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Represent the company at conferences, exhibitions and seminars UK wide and internationally.
- Keep abreast of developments in the aerospace, aero engine and industrial gas turbine markets.
- Carry out product training and commissioning.
- Create roadmaps for clients based on portfolio uptake and potential upsell opportunities.
- Provide full competitive technical and commercial responses that support the company being selected as primary supplier of test and measurement products and services.
- Manage and interpret clients’ requirements.
- Ensure that the KPI’s set to assist in the management of your activities are achieved.
- Produce reports and sales literature.
- Ensure that all business follows formal business sales practices from the time of receipt of customer enquiry to final customer acceptance and invoice payment.
- Deliver the very best service to our extensive client base, ensuring a full understanding of customer needs both current and future are fulfilled by working together and building a partnership in line with all offerings.
-Attend client meetings to progress and maintain contract deadlines.
- Provide proactive project management to the project, liaising where necessary with the customer or within the company, to ensure on-time project delivery and the realisation of full planned profit.
- Analyse costs and sales and report to Senior Management and other stakeholders accordingly.
- Participate in and provide input to the company as it develops its strategy regarding improvements to its range of products and services.
- Assist with setting and executing the business development strategy and sales growth.
Salary : 38000
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby