Quality Inspector (CMM)
Job ID : 713
Quality Inspector - CMM /Precision Engineering
Excellent working hours: 7.30am - 4.15pm (Mon - Thurs) & 7.30am to 12pm (Fri)
Salary: £28k to £30k for basic hours (any overtime paid @ 1.5 x rate)
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an Inspector to join an Independent aerospace related company in Derby.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Inspector who is able to perform in process and final inspection of precision manufactured components. You will inspect parts for defects and deviation from company and customer drawings and specifications, you will ensure and confirm process documentation is correctly completed in order to move from operation to operation. The Inspector will be fully conversant in the use of precision measuring instruments, experienced in the use of CMM and Inspection software, and be familiar with other complex testing equipment to complete these tasks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who offer training and development opportunities, and the ability to learn new skills.
- We are seeking a candidate with experience in a similar inspector role.
- Can ensure product conformity by confirming the set requirements and by evaluating product to customer and/or Engineering drawings, specifications and related documents.
- Able to interpret precise engineering drawings and tolerances.
- CMM experience
- Experience of QCT Inspection software, would be an advantage
- Application of inspection, measuring and test equipment within an engineering environment.
- Experience in the Management and control of Calibration would be an advantage.
- Inspection, Quality Control and Quality Management Systems would be an advantage.
- First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) writing would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Understanding the requirements of technical standards, and aerospace standards would be an advantage.
- Strong team skills and ability to work unsupervised.
- Able to work to timescales and deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop new processes.
Keywords: Inspector, QA Inspector, Engineering Inspector, CMM Inspector, FAIR, audits, aerospace, Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Salary : 28000
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby