Production Engineer (Precision / Aerospace) - Derby
Job ID : 749
Location: Derby (East Midlands)
Permanent Role - excellent working hours
Salary Bracket: Approx £28,000 to £31,000 (Negotible)
+ Benefits + Overtime rate
Our client provides high quality specialised products and services to the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries globally, working within some of the worlds leading companies.
They currently have an exciting new vacancy for a Production Engineer to join their company.
- To oversee, manage and plan various projects, providing support to the business including manufacturing, design and sales as required.
- To provide a central co-ordination role, ensuring that project requirements are delivered within their agreed quality, time and cost standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This work criteria is NPI and developmental work within the gas turbine instrumentation sector.
- To prepare detailed planning documentation and material schedules according to technical engineering drawings, schemes and customer specifications.
- Co-ordinate with and manage sub-contractors and product suppliers for timely delivery.
- Administer and maintain relevant spreadsheets and tracking documentation.
- Produce bill of materials and process documentation to support manufacturing operations.
- Create and provide work instructions for new projects prior to releasing to the shop floor, so that production staff has a complete method of manufacture.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling, employing Solidworks.
- Determine the required levels of quality and assist in ensuring that standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and customer engineering to resolve technical issues.
- Purchasing activities and order processing.
- Ensure management has visibility of all programmes and associated deliverables.
- Assist with resource availability and management to meet programme requirements.
- Proactively offer suggestions or methods that will offer reduced time, cost or risk in the manufacturing process.
- Integrate work with Engineering, Production, Quality, Purchasing, and Scheduling Departments to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the company.
Qualifications / Experience
- HNC or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Background in Aerospace or Precision Engineering.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of aerospace/precision engineering manufacturing methods and processes.
- Able to understand and evaluate machining drawings, assembly drawings, and detailed technical schemes.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- A good understanding of standard manufacturing methods (Milling, Turning, EDM, Welding, Vacuum Furnace Brazing, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, with previous experience of customer facing activities.
- Ability to cope in a highly dynamic development environment where changes in customer requirements are considered normal.
- Excellent skills in attention to detail and working to quality standards.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively co-ordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to employ critical thinking, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Previous experience of sourcing and purchasing materials to Rolls-Royce specifications, including exotic alloys and specialised components.
- Any knowledge based in instrumentation of any nature would be very beneficial. (Strain Gauging, Thermocouples, Pressure tubes, UCTS, etc.)
This role is based in Central Derby with free on-site parking, also easily accessible from Derby Train Station. Therefore this role is easily commutable from Nottingham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Loughborough, Leicester, Staffordshire - even Sheffield and Birmingham
Salary : 0
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby