Product Support Engineer - Telecoms / Software - Derby
Job ID : 729
Product Support Engineer
Derby, East Midlands
Salary: Negotiable (Approx £25,000 to £30,000 DOE)
Our client provides services to some of the World's leading Telecommunications network operators. They design and develop specialist hardware and software that help the performance of networks, as well as providing managed services to the sector.
Due to ongoing growth, they have an exciting position for a Product Support Engineer to join their organisation.
- Responsible for Product Support
- Interact with customers to ensure the successful delivery of solutions.
- Travel as required to customer sites and meetings.
- Work through customer issues to their successful resolution, implementing workarounds where available and raising detailed problem descriptions to 3rd line support where necessary.
- Provide feedback on software issues found and new requirements identified with/by customers
- CRM Ticket, escalation and response management through SLA’s.
- Create technical supporting documentation for users of products as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Customer facing and able to explain complex subjects in a simple understandable manner.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a fast moving motivated and driven team.
- Ability to work with and understand complex technical systems
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Be attentive to detail, especially in relation to the complexities of software troubleshooting.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- An appreciation of how telecoms networks (cellular and PSTN) work would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of SQL, Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting and/or PHP Scripting Skills would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite
- A second language, ideally French or Arabic, would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite.
KEYWORDS: Telecoms, Telecommunications, SQL, Unix, Linux, Shell Scripting, PHP, French, Arabic
Salary : 28000
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby