Instrumentation Technician - Mechanical Engineering / Assembly - Derby, East Midlands
Job ID : 375
Instrumentation Technician - Mechanical Engineering / Assembly
Based: Derby, East Midlands
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an Instrumentation Assembly Technician to join a world leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised instrumentation products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries.
We are seeking a mechanically biased Engineering Technician to undertake the assembly and instrumentation of precision components.
The role involves the assembly / fitting of instrumentation devices that involve precise tolerances and great attention to detail. Much of the work involves low volume / one-offs / prototypes, which creates a varied but challenging role.
- Bench fitting to assemble rig, development and test components and accessories
- Assembly of rakes and probes from customer specifications.
- Installation of strain gauges, thermocouples, pressure tubing and sensors.
- Providing off-site customer support, including installation, commissioning and calibration
- Providing assistance and advice to Design Engineers to establish best manufacture and assembly methods.
- Experience of working within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of general assembly work.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Experienced in the application of high and/or low temperature strain gauges.
- Time served recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Job Sector: Aerospace
- Job Type: Permanent
- Starting Salary: Negotiable up to approx £25,000 for basic hours + scope for overtime at higher rate
- Excellent working hours: 7.30am - 4.15pm (Mon - Thurs) & 7.30am to 12pm (Fri)
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary : 25000
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby