Electronics Development / Technical Support Engineer
Job ID : 737
Job Title:Electronics Development / Technical Sales Engineer
Based: Derby, East Midlands
Salary: Negotiable (Approx £30k - £40k range)
Permanent Full Time Role
V Selective are currently working a long standing client who are a world leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries.
This organisation currently have a brand new exciting opening for an Electronics Development / Technical Support Engineer.
- Conduct development, test and validation of products and specialist measurement systems.
- Provide technical support on design and development across a variety of disciplines, to Production Engineering and the Engineering Design Team.
- Provide technical support and training to customers on both new products and previously installed systems.
- Development of a Product services and support function.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BTEC HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferred background in Aerospace, Aero Engine, Gas Turbine markets.
- Experience in development, test and validation of bespoke products and systems.
- Experience in working within a development Electronic environment.
- Experience in a commercial, customer support, client facing role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Electronics test equipment, fault finding and repair skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to explain solutions clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone & presentation to allow you to establish strong working relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- Excellent administration skills including knowledge of Microsoft packages and the ability to create professional reports and presentations.
- Commercially astute and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated team player also happy to work independently.
- Flexible and willing to travel worldwide as and when required.
- Must have full clean UK driving licence in order to be capable of site visits to customers.
- Able to work outside of normal hours to service the needs of International customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation, test and validation of products & specialist measurement systems, Telemetry, Traverse, Pyrometry, Blade Tip Timing & Blade Tip Clearance.
- Testing and calibration of products (new and existing), utilising equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Light/laser/temperature meters, Multi-meters, PC based software, Programming equipment, DVMs & Signal generators.
- Fault finding, diagnosis and rectification at both system and component level (analogue and digital). Read and interpret circuit diagrams/block diagrams/mechanical drawings.
- Environmental Testing and validation of products
- Assist in Purchasing & Sourcing of electronic components and PCB design (after training).
- Understand and be able to communicate functionality, measurement, limitations, errors and uncertainties of products and systems.
- Provide full technical and commercial responses in support of Inspection and Investigation of test and measurement products and services.
- Assist in the creation of Production Test and Engineering instructions, and test hardware when appropriate.
- Assist in providing proactive project management to the project, liaising where necessary with the customer to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Participate in and provide input to the company as it develops its strategy regarding improvements to its range of products and services.
- Conduct product training, commissioning, maintenance and onsite servicing.
- Technical support of customers - willingness to travel to a customer’s site, sometimes overseas, at short notice to perform installations of new systems or to provide support on a previously installed system.
- Represent and support the company at conferences, exhibitions and seminars UK wide and internationally.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of technical sales presentations in collaboration with the technical sales manager to existing and prospective clients.
Salary : 38000
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Derby