Ethical Trading Policy
At V Selective Recruitment Ltd we believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the Following Ethical Trading Criteria:
1. All employment is freely chosen
2. Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
3. Child labour is not used.
4. Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
5. Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
6. Working hours are not excessive.
7. No discrimination is practised.
8. Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a Permanent contract.
9. No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
10. No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
11. Third Party Suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
We also ask all our suppliers to affirm in writing to us that their businesses are also built on these ethical criteria. We have developed a full policy statement outlining how we expect our practice to develop in order to be able to offer strong guarantees to our customers that the services they receive from us have been ethically designed, managed and implemented.
OUR FULL ETHICAL TRADE POLICY STATEMENT
1. Policy Statement
V Selective Recruitment Ltd recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality. As a socially responsible small business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
– All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by V Selective Recruitment Ltd are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
– V Selective Recruitment Ltd acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
– V Selective Recruitment Ltd is therefore committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI).
– This policy sets out V Selective Recruitment Ltd commitment to its suppliers and customers, setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner.
2. V Selective Recruitment Ltd’s Commitment to its suppliers, service providers and customers:
V Selective Recruitment Ltd recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a part of our overall commercial success.
V Selective Recruitment Ltd is committed to ensuring that our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us. In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued. As we expand we will be able to offer more opportunities for our staff.
V Selective Recruitment Ltd is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about whose services they purchase.
V Selective Recruitment Ltd is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
3. V Selective Recruitment Ltd Ethical Trading Code of Practice
3.1 This Code of Practice applies to:
– Staff directly employed by V Selective Recruitment Ltd on temporary or permanent contracts.
– Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on V Selective Recruitment Ltd premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of V Selective Recruitment Ltd
3.2 :No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
– All employment with V Selective Recruitment Ltd is freely chosen.
– Staff are free to leave V Selective Recruitment Ltd after reasonable notice.
3.3: No child labour shall be used
– There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
– Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
4. Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
– V Selective Recruitment Ltd takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimize potential hazards on our own and client sites.
– Staff receive regular health & safety training.
– Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
5. Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided.
– Staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards.
– Staff are not forced to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
– Staff are given written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between and the respective obligations of the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment.
– No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
6. No discrimination is practised:
– There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, and promotion.
– Termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
– Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees.
7. No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practised. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
V Selective Recruitment Ltd Directors have overall responsibility for all aspects of ethical trading at work within the business.
9. Looking forward towards further improvement V Selective Recruitment Ltd
We are keen to learn from others and would ask if anyone has any ideas or feedback regarding our policy or practice to contact us.